Host: John Bradley
Guest Host: Linda Baugh
Secretaries and voice messages screen you out. You can win by applying any of the time-tested approaches discussed in this broadcast. Counselors Linda Baugh and John Bradley share the wealth of their 70 years combined experience in coaching clients to overcome this hurdle and move on to schedule that important appointment. One of the favorites is to make the secretary your friend. If the manager is not available and you have called three times, just say, “maybe you can help me”. Tell the secretary why you are calling and ask when is a good time to call when the manager is available. This single technique has worked most of the time for both Linda’s and John’s clients over many years.
Check out some other podcasts...
- Sharpening Your Interview Skills
- Avoiding Three Common Job Search Pitfalls
- What Questions To Avoid Answering
- Will More School Get More Jobs?
- Using Social Media In The Job Search
- How to Build Rapport with Hiring Managers On and Offline
- Answering Tough Interview Questions
- Pursuing A Dream Job With NO Related Experience
- Calming Interview Jitters
- How NOT To Use A Resume