Host: John Bradley
Guest Host: Peter DePaoli
When exploring for hidden jobs, leave your resume home. If you are responding to a posted vacancy, you need to submit a resume tailored to that position. But only 20% of jobs are ever posted, so most of your job hunting should be developing relationships with company managers and executives. The key is to begin an informal dialogue to discuss the future of the company, especially if the economy is slow. Once you find a job opportunity, you can return with resume in hand.
Check out some other podcasts...
- Sharpening Your Interview Skills
- Avoiding Three Common Job Search Pitfalls
- What Questions To Avoid Answering
- Will More School Get More Jobs?
- Using Social Media In The Job Search
- How to Build Rapport with Hiring Managers On and Offline
- Answering Tough Interview Questions
- Pursuing A Dream Job With NO Related Experience
- Calming Interview Jitters
- How NOT To Use A Resume