Host: John Bradley
Guest Host: Evan Newman
There are three pitfalls which will undermine self-confidence. These three include:
- Spending too much time answering vacancy ads instead of spending the majority of your time looking for the hidden jobs.
- Spending too much time preparing and sending out your resume instead of spending the majority of your time developing relationships with employers without your resume.
- Forgetting to research the company before making contact. It is better to know all about the organization beyond what the website tells you.
Your major competition is not the online job hunter. You are up against at least five insider applicants who know someone inside the organization and have developed that relationship. Until you understand who you are up against to get an interview and an offer, you will need to ramp up your search strategy.
Check out some other podcasts...
- Sharpening Your Interview Skills
- Avoiding Three Common Job Search Pitfalls
- What Questions To Avoid Answering
- Will More School Get More Jobs?
- Using Social Media In The Job Search
- How to Build Rapport with Hiring Managers On and Offline
- Answering Tough Interview Questions
- Pursuing A Dream Job With NO Related Experience
- Calming Interview Jitters
- How NOT To Use A Resume