Host: John Bradley
Guest Host: Tom Board
Maybe you thought you could handle the rejection but you find yourself doubting if you ever will get a job. You are a competent and responsible worker with a strong employment history when out of nowhere you were laid off. You took a week to process your feelings and then hit the floor running with your resume and positive outlook. But after the third rejection, you are having a hard time getting your wheels turning in the morning. Maybe you are spending more time reading the news, visiting with friends, puttering around the house before getting down to the grind of job hunting. The reality is that a big part of job hunting is emotional, like stage fright. Most people do not like putting themselves on display with the prospect of getting rejected. This broadcast will bring you some seasoned tips for healing the hurts and getting that octane back into your job search.
Check out some other podcasts...
- Sharpening Your Interview Skills
- Avoiding Three Common Job Search Pitfalls
- What Questions To Avoid Answering
- Will More School Get More Jobs?
- Using Social Media In The Job Search
- How to Build Rapport with Hiring Managers On and Offline
- Answering Tough Interview Questions
- Pursuing A Dream Job With NO Related Experience
- Calming Interview Jitters
- How NOT To Use A Resume